Fremont County Area Director (posted 8/8/2022)
Be Somebody’s Hero! Make an Impact!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Wyoming is seeking a highly driven, relational leader to grow our Fremont County Boys & Girls Clubs.
Directs/manages overall operations of designated branches or programs with primary concern for programs and service deliver, supervision, and training of staff and facilities management, financial systems, community relations, membership administration, attendance systems, grant reporting, advises and assists branch/program directors in the areas of oversite, personnel management, facilities, and overall support of the optimal club experience.
Leadership and Human Resource Management
- Oversee the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, services, and activities that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Manage financial resources, participating in the development of branch annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget, making recommendations for expenditures to purchase supplies and equipment
- Interview, hire, train, evaluate, and terminate branch directors and program coordinators in their department
- Recruit, select, manage, and provide career development opportunities for branch staff and volunteers
- Ensure administrative and operation systems are in place, over see maintenance and operation of the physical properties and equipment of the club including use of facilities by outside groups.
- Provide accurate and punctual reporting
- Ensures quality improvement of programs by conducting program evaluations and annual written analysis. Complies monthly statistical reports reflecting all activity attendance and participations. Completes other reports as needed
- Share communication and information with staff as needed
- Ensure documentation for payroll procedures is collected and reported in accordance to payroll deadlines. Monitors staff schedules and hours
- Sets program expectations based on grant needs and organizational standards. Communicates expectations and action plans with branch directors and program coordinators
- May be responsible for managing human resources programs and systems including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training, and development.
- Implement the staff development and training plan
- Provide leadership and support in all Club programs, events and activities
- Participate in organization fund-raisers throughout the year
- Attend and plan meetings as directed
Resource Management and Budget Control
- Collaborate with financial leadership to make fiscally sound decisions regarding staff wages, facility maintenance, program, and transportation budgets, as well as specially assigned grant budgets
- Manage Branch financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets as needed
- Operate within budget while controlling expenditures
- Follow purchasing procedures and purchase order procedures
- Accurately record attendance in attendance software for after school program fees and summer camp fees.
- Bill for such attendance and follow set forth procedures and deadlines for accounts receivable and deposits as directed
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups, when applicable
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders, and organizations
- Elicit cooperation from diversified groups and effectively collaborate with other agencies
- Collaborate with local school district personnel, teachers, and leadership to increase attendance and improve academic success
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
~A four year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
~A minimum of five years work experience in non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
~Considerable knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations
~Ability to utilize time management skills to prioritize tasks and complete deadlines while maintaining a balanced schedule
~Ability to manage multiple tasks and develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
~Experience in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel
~Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics
~Ability to work with diverse personalities and expectations
~Strong communication skills, both oral and written
~Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and coordinate operations; in personal supervision, recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities and budget management; training, supervision, and motivation of staff
~Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies
~Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management
~Willingness to support fund-raising events
Join our team of professionals who are making a difference every single day!
Full-time, benefited position. Salary range: Fremont Area Director $50,000-$60,000 DOE. Must be able to work daytime and early evening hours.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or BGCCW HR Dept, 1701 East K St. Casper, WY 82601