The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Wyoming began its legacy of service to Central Wyoming youth in 1969, when Mrs. Wilma English moved to the community from South Dakota with her two young sons. With her she not only brought possessions, but a vision for the boys in her new community. Her plans were to create a solid, youth-oriented organization to serve boys after school and during the summer. Her sons had both attended a Boys Club in South Dakota, and she immediately saw a need for a similar organization in Casper.
Mrs. English joined forces with two Casperites, John Fanto and Charles Hancock. With their help, on November 19, 1969, the Casper Boys Club opened. In its early years, the Club moved several times until 1975 when ground was broken on the Club’s first permanent location at 353 West A Street. Soon, because of continued growth, a second location was opened on East H Street. Under the guidance of Chief Professional Officer Ashley Bright and a visionary board of directors, early 2000 saw the opening of a brand new 34,000 square foot facility where the Club is now headquartered at 1701 East K Street.